Saturday 1 March 2014

I went down to Pagham Lagoon on Friday for the possible Siberian Chiffchaff (looks good to me btw but apparently it's not one...) and spotted an Iceland Gull on the water:




Photo bombed by a Goldeneye in the back there!

Much better pictures than here are on the paghambirder blog, a bit of a mystery to me as I didn't see another soul while I was there! Someone else also said they can't believe they missed it as they were there too...but it and a Glaucous Gull were present Saturday so all well!

Up to Foxhall Farm at Steyning for the Siberian Chiffchaffs there, one showed on and off but was awkward to photo, but here's one of my usual poor efforts, look closely and you'll find it!:



 and here's one of a regular Chiffchaff which was far more obliging:




I really like Bullfinches and I'd heard that there were some at Pulborough Brooks RSPB:




Marsh Tit also showing very well on the feeders by the cafe here.

After that it was to an inland common for Coal Tits and Stonechats to end the day.