Monday 28 March 2016

American Wigeon

Underworld-Spikee

Late on Saturday night news broke that GB had found a drake American Wigeon at RSPB Pulborough Brooks from West Mead hide so I drove up there fairly early on Sunday avoiding downed trees en route. On arrival there were already a few of Sussex's finest present and fortunately the bird was there too; not surprising really as Storm Katie had hit overnight, it probably thought better of flying anywhere in that wind! This was only the second Sussex record.

Windswept video here: American Wigeon


American Wigeon with Eurasian Wigeon:







I had a quick look at Ivy Lake late afternoon and while I was there a large raptor put all the gulls and corvids to flight, I couldn't get the bins on it before it was mobbed off but my bet is Osprey. Hopefully be seen again!