Saturday 4 June 2016

Reed Warbler & Wild Herbs

A more successful day as I managed to actually make it to the site (the Long Pool at Pagham) I wanted as there was much less traffic about. The only negative is that I've pulled a muscle under my shoulder blade lugging new potatoes about, ho hum! Bird photos from today, the rest from yesterday.

Red-legged Partridge:




Reed Warblers:







Grass Vetchling (thanks to AH on the selseybirder blog for reminding me of the ID!):





Diamondback Moth, plenty, and I mean '00s if not 000s of these little moths on the farm at the moment:





These are our pictures from our stroll around the farm & lanes in Oving.



Dog Rose:




Yellow Flag Iris:




Meadowsweet, not in flower yet:




Water Mint:




Sorrel:




Mugwort, this one had some scent so probably another artemesia gene in there somewhere:




Gypsywort: